We hope you’re looking for a team where you can provide technical, strategic and operational leadership. You want to collaborate with smart, creative, and energetic people. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable. You look for projects where you can learn new technologies and techniques. You’re comfortable designing, developing, testing, and launching software. You’re a thinker. You’re a coder. You’re awesome.
Specifically we’re creating a platform for automating data science. Day-to-day you’ll work with a small team of data scientists and software engineers to create datasets, build and deploy machine learning models, and write software that makes it easy for other developers to interact with those models. You’re building a new platform from scratch. You’ll work with a highly collaborative, highly technical team. You’ll have a huge impact.
Important things in no particular order:
- You are one of our first hires, but the three founders are all experienced technologists. We have all launched products or run companies before. Two of the three of us still code, but we’ll defer to your technical leadership.
- We’re all married (not to each other), and two of us have kids.
- We’re not a venture-backed startup. This isn’t a Redbull-fueled, brogrammer kind of place.
- We have at least two years of funding for this project, and probably four, so, as small companies go, ours is stable.
- We're technology agnostic, but will be collaborating closely with other companies and releasing our work as open source projects. Experience with Python, Scala, Spark, Kafka, and/or other open source tools used in modern machine learning applications will be helpful.
- Ideally you’ll live in Austin, or were just thinking to yourself “I’d sure like to move to Austin!” right before reading this. We’ll make exceptions for the right person.
- You’re the kind of person who applies for a job even when you don’t meet all the requirements
- 5+ years in data engineering, data-centric software development or a related field
- 2+ years of experience leading a technical team or working autonomously
- Experience in Agile-ish project/product delivery
- Experience working on software products and data pipelines
- Experience or demonstrated interest in working with data scientists and machine learning experts
- Strong understanding of architectural requirements and development processes involved in building reliable, robust, scalable data products and pipelines
- Skills and personality to operate effectively in a very fast-paced, complex business
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing and data processing technologies and trends
- Competitive salary, benefits, and generous equity
- A business that trusts and embraces technology
- A leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- Use your preference of tools and hardware
- Flexible work hours
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.